No more fiddling with a cable needle! In this technique class you will learn how to create simple knitted cables without the use of a cable needle. Traditional cable technique using a cable needle will also be covered. This will be a hands-on class with lots of practice knitting cables.
- Beginning knitting skills: Casting on and binding off, knit and purl stitches.
- Traditional cable technique
- Knitting cable left without a cable needle
- Knitting cable right without a cable needle
Materials / Supplies
- 100 yards of smooth, light colored yarn in sport to aran weight
- Needles (straight or circular) appropriate for yarn
- Cable needle
Saturday August 5
9AM – Noon
Kathy Yurman, assisted by Kris Gregson
A simple homework assignment will be provided prior to the class
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes early if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
- You will receive 10% off any purchase the day of the class.
- Attendees under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum class size 10. Minimum 3