SOLD OUT! – We’re currently sold out of this workshop. We’re sure to do it again, so stay tuned!
Continental Knitting Method for Knitters and Crocheters
When: Saturday August 12, 5 – 6 PM
Instructors: Tamara Nichols and Kris Gregson
Cost: Only $5!
Continental knitting is thought to be a speedy and efficient style of knitting. This workshop teaches the basics of Continental method knitting for knitters and crocheters who have never knit before!
- This workshop is great for knitters who want to learn continental method
- Crocheters who haven’t learned to knit yet—don’t worry, skills from crocheting transfer to Continental knitting.
- achieving workable yarn tension by holding yarn in the left hand
- the basic continental knit stitch
- several ways of continental purling will be demonstrated
Materials / Supplies needed:
- Smooth and light colored worsted weight yarn and size US 7-10 needle
- Bring a work in progress or a swatch of 20 stitches or more, three rows of stockinette. You might find it easier to work with a worsted weight, light colored yarn (There will be needles and yarn available so homework is optional.)
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes early if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
- Attendees under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Links to Technique Videos: