On Saturday February 17 – join us for the Wonderful World of Short Rows!
Short rows are a way to add shaping to a project without the use of increasing or decreasing stitches! There are many different short row methods. In the class we will be practicing a few different short row techniques with special attention to the short row technique used in the class project.
Workshop project will feature the Fealdan Shawl, a pattern by Fairmount Fibers using the Manos del Uruguay Fino yarn. This beautiful shawl uses 1 full skein and 1 mini skein kit of Fino.
The workshop will include a small homework assignment so we can jump right into the short row techniques in class.
- Basic knitting. Comfort with casting on and binding off, knitting and purling.
Materials / Supplies Included
- 1 skein Manos del Uruguay Fino (your choice of color)
- 1 Manos del Uruguay Fino Miniskein kit (your choice of color)
- 1 Fealdan Shawl pattern by Kate Groom
- US 6 needles (we recommend a 24” circular for the actual project)
- standard knitting accessories including stitch markers and a stitch counter
- 20 yards (or more) each of two contrasting colors, with one of the colors being a light color
When: Saturday, February 17, 2018
Time: 9am – 12 noon
Where: Ball & Skein & More
Instructor(s): Kris Gregson and Kathy Yurman
Cost: $90.00 (includes pattern and yarn for the project)
Please Read Our Cancellation Policies
Your seat in a class is guaranteed when full payment is made.
Cancellations more than 7 days from the start of the class will receive a store credit for the value of the class. If the class is full, and we can replace the seat, you’d receive a full refund.
Cancellations less than 7 days from the start of the class will receive no refund. If the class is full, and we can replace the seat, you’d receive a full refund.
In the unlikely event we cancel a class, you will receive a full refund.