Join us on Saturday, February 15 at 9AM.
Double knitting is a knitter’s dream: a reversible fabric with two-color patterning that’s stockinette on both sides, with no floats! This class is taught by Lisa Myers, the US Distributor for Manos del Uruguay.
In this class you’ll learn how to manage the two strands of yarn, read double-knitting charts, and measure gauge in this technique that gives a double-thick fabric that’s beautiful on both sides. By the end of this class, you’ll have all the skills you need to make the Trapper Cowl.
Prerequisite skills: long-tail cast-on, knit, purl, and work 1×1 rib. Some experience reading charts helpful but not essential.
What you’ll get:
- Two skeins of Manos Maxima
- Yarn to use in the class
- the Trapper Cowl Pattern
- 3 hours of Lisa’s time
- 20% off all non-sale Manos yarns that day
What to Bring:
- one set of US 7 or 8 needles (straight or circular), the size you use for worsted weight
- one set of 5 or 6 needles. (two sizes smaller than the needles above)
- Note taking supplies
- ruler or measuring tape
When you’re ready to make the project, you’ll need:
- 2 skeins of contrasting colors of Maxima (Included in the class!)
- 24″ circular in size to obtain gauge for worsted (Typically a US 7, or 8)
- plenty of ring markers, plus one unique marker
- copy of Trapper Cowl pattern (Also included!)
Please read our cancellation policies
Your seat in a class is guaranteed when full payment is made.
Cancellations more than 7 days from the start of the class will receive a store credit for the value of the class. If the class is full, and we can replace the seat, you’d receive a full refund.
Cancellations less than 7 days from the start of the class will receive no refund. If the class is full, and we can replace the seat, you’d receive a full refund.
In the unlikely event we cancel a class, you will receive a full refund.