As always, choose one of ours or put together your own combinations!
Two of the main techniques used in this cowl are the knitted turned hem and helical 1 row stripes (no striping ‘jog’!) - pattern includes link to photo tutorials for these and other techniques used in the pattern!
This pattern is great for advanced beginner knitters who feel comfortable working in the round, knitting and purling, and are ready to learn a few new techniques!
- Color A (for hem - tan): approx 54 yds, shown in Marzipan, 1 skein.
- Color B (for bottom stripes - orange): approx 48 yds, shown in Topaz, 1 skein.
- Color C (for bottom & top stripes - gray): approx 90 yds, shown in Kohl, 1 skein.
- Color D (for top stripes - silver): approx 48 yds, shown in Silver, 1 skein.
- Color E (for top rib - blue): approx 25 yds, shown in Wedgewood, 1 skein.
Note: Less colors can be used if preferred. Just add up the yardages above to determine how much of each color you will need. For example, a 3 color version can be made by combining colors A & B into 1 color and combining colors D & E into 1 color (just as one possible option).
One of the other yarns I suggest is Berroco’s Ultra Wool DK
. For a similar color palette as that shown, I suggest these colors: Wheat (color A), Butternut (color B), Stonewashed (color C), Blue Angel (color D), Sky Blue (color E).
Gauge: 20.5 sts & 32 rnds = 4”/10 cm in St st in the round after blocking. Exact gauge is not critical but it will affect your
finished measurements and yarn usage.
Circumference: 23.5”/60 cm
Height: 12.25”/31 cm