Learn the basics of knitting techniques in this class while knitting a coaster. We will learn the basic cast on and cast off, knit stitch, purl stitch, and the basics of choosing needles and yarn. Once you have knit the coaster you will be able to make a lovely scarf!
This is an on-line virtual class, so you can be anywhere to access it using Zoom technology.
No previous knitting experience. Fun for all ages. Recommended age for class is 10 years or older.
Materials / Supplies
- Simple e-loop or backwards cast on stitch
- The knit stitch
- The purl stitch
- Casting off
- Overview of knitting needles
- Overview of yarn
- These will be provided as part of the class and will be included in the class fee! You'll receive
- 1 skein of Berroco Ultra Wool (yarn weight 4) yarn ( a $12.00 value)
- US #9 single point needles (a $9.95 value)
- “How to Knit” book by Leslie Ann Bestor (a $9.95 value)
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Time: 9:00 - 11:00 am Pacific time
only $49.95 includes yarn, instructions, needles and book!